Finance Manager - Infrastructure
£90,000 - £110,000 + Generous Bonus Potential + Benefits
They are a top global infrastructure manager with offices globally strategically positioned to take advantage of regional and local opportunities. They currently have £3 billion AUM. They are part of a global investment management group who manage over £75 billion. Due to the expansion of the European Infrastructure business the need has arisen to expand the finance capability in London. This is a key role which reflects this expansion. This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation after a strong period of growth and take part in continued expansion.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate qualified accountant - 10+ years experience with 5+ in infrastructure or private equity and closed end fund reporting experience.
- International Accounting Standards reporting experience.
- Broad knowledge of Fund accounting with focus on Closed end fund reporting including compliance and reporting requirements.
- Direct experience in management and execution of Infrastructure/Private Equity fund accounting services within an investment management or administration organisation.
- Experience of working across business teams to influence change and drive implementation of business improvements.
- Knowledge of Luxembourg corporate structures/Luxembourg GAAP an advantage (not essential).
- Strong relationship management, influencing and negotiation skills.
- A process improvement mind-set - ability to critique and improve Finance processes to optimise efficiency and control environment.
- Data analysis, modelling and benchmarking skills.
- Attention to detail & quality focus.
- Confident presentation skills - articulate - ability to explain complex matters simply.
Reporting to the CFO and working closely with European & US Infrastructure Teams, Fund Advice Team, Tax team, Debt Advisory Team and external service providers, the purpose of the role is to:
- Take initiative in the continuous development and improvement of finance processes and systems to ensure efficient and effective management of processes, operational risks and key stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Actively manage the relationship and commercial value / service delivery from outsourced providers and to clients;
- Generate creative, workable solutions to address complex business problems and make decisions and judgements about important and/or complex business issues. Ability to think outside the box, be challenged and to do things differently to achieve better outcomes.
- Perform review of origination and fund set-up costs to ensure strong financial control for both Infrastructure and the European equity funds;
- Responsibility for the process of stakeholder management throughout the business, ensuring that all stakeholders have access to the information required on a timely basis;
- Provide input into centrally-managed project teams to ensure that European and North American interests are considered and included;
- Assist with design, delivery and ongoing support of the Infrastructure closed ended equity funds,
- Take the lead role assisting various stakeholders to launch new funds;
- Support fundraising and investor negotiations;
- Work closely with origination team assisting in financial due diligence and structuring;
- Support planning for future growth and development in the European Infrastructure Equity finance function
- Provide general financial control support to the London and Luxembourg offices;
- Being part of a high performing team, which consistently delivers against both the Investment Finance objectives as well as the wider corporate objectives. The role will need to partner with all the key stakeholders in the Investment teams to provide strategic and technical financial support to the growth of the business.
- Support the CFO of Infrastructure Equity Finance to establish and foster a culture of team spirit, co-operation and continuous self-development. Maintain a collaborative, business-focused, high-performance culture within Finance.
- Set and actively manage individual performance management agreements and targets.
- Build good relationships across the broader Finance team within the Global Group - leverage as necessary.