Finance Manager - Specialist Lending
£48,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
Who they are
They are a growing specialist, challenger bank whose prime business is real estate lending, asset finance and specialist lending. They have a newly created role which looks after the financials and business support for two growing divisions.
You will report to the Heads of divisions of two fast growing businesses. The role provides effective operational control of two Divisions which are highly profitable businesses. The role is wide ranging and includes supporting the Heads with analysis and interpretation of financial and operational data, also developing effective reporting, improving automation and operational efficiency. The role spans accounting, financial, operational and commercial aspects of the business and acting as a effective communicationor with key stakeholders. You will play a key part in the growth within the divisions. The role includes the following:
- To provide and develop required financial reporting, liaising with Group Finance and the IT department as required.
- To manage daily, weekly and monthly reporting, checks, reconciliations, including operational, business and financial information, metrics and KPIs.
- Maintain suitable VAT and Corporation Tax reports and records.
- To ensure data integrity; carry out periodic review and audits; develop staff accuracy and understanding of requirements.
- Become proficient in all aspects of system and reporting and provide training to new and existing staff as required.
- Propose, manage and test updates to operational procedures and developments to system.
- Oversee the collections of rentals via the direct debit systems. Monitor advances of new loans.
- Develop a close working relationship with Group Finance. Share information and provide assurance to Group Finance, Compliance, Risk and Senior Management.
- Ad hoc projects
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this excellent opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
- A highly numerate, qualified accountant with a strong academic background, strong analytical skills and commercial mind set.
- Highly motivated and ability to work with front office of business, and to understand and interpret their requirements
- IT literate with good Word and advanced Excel skills; SQL experience and knowledge of databases would be an advantage
- Relevant asset finance experience would be an advantage
- Professional communication skills, able to communicate with businesses and colleagues.
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritise work and competing demands.
- Ability to use own initiative and know how to add value.