Financial Accountant - Private Equity
£55,000 - £65,000 + bonus + benefits
Who They Are
This global investment management group manage over £100 billion across there international network of offices. They now have a new financial accounting role which exists within their Group Finance Function for a qualified accountant, with at least 2 years financial accounting experience with previous experience of the Private Equity or Infrastructure industry. The role will require you to provide high quality finance and investment accounting services for the private equity products business including Infrastructure, Asian private Equity and Funds of Funds. In terms of career progression, this role will transition into a wider group finance role over time.
In order to perform your new role, you will require a strong attention to detail as well as having strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. There are tight deadlines involved so you will need to be able to meet tight deadlines. Your role is varied and includes the following:
- Production and preparing year end accounts for a number of funds (limited partnerships) and corporate entities.
- Liaise with external auditors for statutory accounts.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for group corporate entities including bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure accuracy of general ledgers in SAP.
- Ensure accuracy of Private Equity Office investment and general ledgers for funds.
- Prepare quarterly fund performance reports including liaison with Investor Relations
- Prepare the partnership tax returns.
- Ad hoc project work and responses to client enquires.
- Building and maintaining relationships with the private equity team and the group finance team in the UK and Asia and as well as the external auditors
Who they are looking for
Candidates for this role may currently work for or have worked for a custodian, third party administrator, private equity firm or funds of funds or from a firm of accountants but must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate Qualified accountant - ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years PQE
- Private Equity experience essential
- Experience of preparing year ends accounts for private equity or infrastructure funds
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Excel spread sheet skills
Desirable Experience / Knowledge
- SAP (or similar package) & Caseware experience desirable
- Knowledge of limited partnership structures required