£35,000 - £40,000 + Bonus + 15% Pension + Study Package + benefits
Growing London operation of international banking group with global assets of $20billion. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities including property lending..
Reporting to the Manager of Financial Control, you will join a small finance team. Your role is to assist the Manager of Financial Control in
- providing a complete financial reporting service internally, to Group Finance, Head Office Finance (HOF) (based overseas), local management including profitability reporting and annual budgeting
- ensuring rigorous financial control disciplines are adhered to in respect of the general ledger and related financial systems and MIS
The role includes the following:
- To prepare regular, accurate and timely financial accounts in Head Office format to include adjustments as advised by the Financial Controller.
- Production of HOF reports.
- Produce cost reports, cost centre and profit forecast analysis.
- Produce and finalize reports, including daily interest books and monthly average balance sheets.
- In conjunction with the Manager of Financial Control, maintain and further develop new methods to improve management reporting and control.
- Supervise the performance of timely suspense account reconciliations.
- Assist the Manager in the preparation of the annual budget process and provide information for the completion of statutory accounts.
- Supervision of other accounting personnel.
- Ensure cleanliness of the core data to be downloaded to the MIS.
- To prepare mid month forecasts, monthly estimates, quarter & full year Reforecasts.
- To carry out ad-hoc work as requested by the Manage Financial Control.
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Part qualified/qualified accountant (ACCA.ACMA,ACA) with financial reporting experience of between 3-8 years within a banking environment.
- Strong PC and spreadsheet skills to an advanced level are necessary.
- Analytical skills combined with the ability to work under significant pressure.
- Well developed interpersonal skills are an advantage