£43000 - £48000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a global investment management firm managing in excess of $250billion for institutions. They now have an opportunity for an accountant to join their London finance team. Excellent prospects can be offered for the right individual.
Reporting to the CFO, The purpose of the role is to assist the Finance department with a range of control and financial reporting based work to ensure the proper accounting for all legal entities in the UK. The role will also involve interaction with other areas in the Finance department and within the business. Responsibilities include the following:
- To assist in the month end process for reporting to Head Office
- To review the month end process and provide meaningful commentary on the results
- Follow up and ensure delivery of resolution of control issues
- Ensure that all accounts in the P&L and Balance Sheet are owned, controlled and attested to monthly.
- Prepare quarterly FSA returns
- Liaise with external auditors where necessary.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this excellent opportunity to join a blue chip investment management group, you must meet the following criteria:
- Newly/recently qualified or Finalist/Past Finalist accountant with previous experience of financial services
- Strong statutory reporting and accounting policy knowledge
- Strong understanding of the FSA regulations
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and able to work to tight deadlines with a high degree of self motivation
- Ability to set deliverables and ensure delivery