To £45,000 (dependant on experience) Bonus + Benefits + Study Package if required
Growing London operation of international banking group with global assets of $20billion. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities including property lending..
Reporting to the Manager of Financial Control, you will join a small finance team. Your role is to assist the Manager of Financial Control in providing a complete financial reporting service internally, to Group Finance, Head Office Finance (HOF) (based overseas), local management including profitability reporting and annual budgeting and ensuring rigorous financial control disciplines are adhered to in respect of the general ledger and related financial systems and MIS. The role includes the following:
- To prepare regular, accurate and timely financial accounts in Head Office format to include adjustments as advised by the Financial Controller
- Produce and finalise reports: Daily PL & BS, Average balance sheets, monthly GFRP.
- Produce profit Centre reports including cost reports.
- IBG data enrichment report - includes Fee details, Off balance sheet details.
- Recording all sundry operational costs monthly.
- Assist in production of IBG reports.
- Produce timely account reconciliation for "Accruals & provision" accounts.
- Send out and correlate the return and review of Departmental Suspense accounts.
- Aid the Manager in the preparation of the annual budget process and provide information for the completion of statutory accounts.
- Supervision of other accounting personnel.
- Ensure cleanliness of the core data to be downloaded to the MIS.
- To prepare mid-month forecasts, monthly estimates, quarter & full year Reforecasts.
- In conjunction with the Manager of Financial Control, maintain and further develop new methods to improve management reporting and control.
- To carry out ad-hoc work as requested by the Manager Financial Control.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Part qualified/qualified accountant (ACCA. ACMA, ACA).
- Financial reporting experience of between 3-8 years within a banking environment.
- Strong PC and spreadsheet skills to an advanced level are necessary.
- Analytical skills combined with the ability to work under significant pressure.
- Well developed interpersonal skills are an advantage.