Assistant Financial Accountant
£40000 + bonus + benefits
They are an expanding bank providing services including trade finance, treasury services, business banking, personal banking and wealth management. The Finance team works with all the departments within the Bank as well as the Executive Committee to provide financial, regulatory and management information for decision making that drives the Bank's overall business strategy.
This role will report to the Financial Controller and assist with the preparation and analysis of financial reports and records. The role includes:
- Assisting in liaising with Group for intercompany reconciliation and settlements.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly and mid-monthly profit reports and variance analysis for the various business units.
- Assisting with the preparation of half year and full year group reporting packs
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts
- Assisting in the development of the Bank's IFRS9 impairment model
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of corporation tax returns
- Reviewing, analysis and impact assessment of new and changes to accounting standards
- Reconciliation of reports to the General Ledger in the given deadlines
- Reviewing of monthly general ledger proofs
- Assisting with the preparation of annual expense and revenue budgets
- Assisting with the preparation of Quarterly board papers
- Weekly review of bank reconciliation statements
- Preparation of Daily Income statement, Balance sheet and income pipeline projections
- Collating, modelling, interpreting, analysing and explaining variances and trends for finance reports
- Maintenances on the core banking application
- Periodic peer / market review
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with internal departments to ensure accuracy and consistency of data provided
- Providing cover for the Assistant Management Accountant
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- A part qualified Accountant (ACCA / ACA) with 2-3 years' experience in the financial services industry in a relevant
- A strong reporting
- Strong accounting knowledge and
- Advanced excel knowledge (Pivot tables, Lookup functions, Macros).
- Good analytical and time management
- Excellent attention to
- Ability to meet
- Willingness to
- A flexible approach to working hours (this is a pre requisite as on occasions there will be a need to put in extra hours).