£34000 - £36000 + Bonus + Benefits + Study Package
Global asset management firm with a strong reputation and recognised as a market leader within the mutual fund industry.
Reporting to the Finance Manager of the EMEA Finance team, you will assist in providing Financial Reporting support to the EMEA Finance team in respect of the UK and European branches Statutory Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, Corporation Tax and VAT Reporting as well as monthly duties in respect of the financial close.
- Assist with preparation of half yearly EMEA regulatory capital returns which include 2 U.K. and 1 Irish entity as well as consolidated supervision for the U.K. group;
- Assisting with the monthly regulatory capital monitoring for all EMEA entities;
- Assist with preparation of all EMEA corporation tax returns (7 European entities) as well as assisting with the Quarterly Instalment payments;
- Assist with the preparation of U.K. Group VAT return (partially exempt special method);
- Provide support during the interim and final audit process by responding to queries raised by our external statutory auditors;
- Provide support to the Rebate Accountant during the quarterly rebate payment cycle;
- Assist with monthly General Ledger accounting including checking branch payroll journals; Blackline balance sheet reconciliations, coordinating monthly journals Providing support for daily bank reconciliations and daily cash journal entries.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- General accounting experience gained in at least 2 roles and the average time spent in each of these roles to be not less than 18 months
- Qualified AAT or part qualified ACCA / ACA / CIMA with a strong academic background
- Clear understanding of current accounting practice including accounts preparation (group level accounting preferable).
- Good communication skills and knowledge of Excel