£50000 - £60000 + bonus + benefits
They are a specialist bank operating in London providing investment banking and wholesale services with core offerings in corporate banking and capital markets and offer access to international markets for institutions and corporates. They also facilitate and connect investors with a range of overseas investment opportunities
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- A strong Qualified Accountant with 3+ years PQE is essential and
- A good understanding of banking products e.g. Loans, FX, Bonds, Trade Finance)
- High level system skills (Excel/Microsoft Office/General working knowledge of Core Banking Systems).
- Be a good team player and must be client focussed
An Audit background in the earlier part of the individuals' career is an advantage.
Reporting to the CFO, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for the timely financial and management accounts. as well as being instrumental in shaping and enhancing the financial control environment. Responsibilities include:
- Provide wider Finance team and business with subject matter expertise on financial and corporate reporting requirements and accounting standards.
- Monitor and control the preparation of monthly management accounts, statutory accounts and tax compliance and ensure good governance and timely reporting,
- Oversee the production and timely delivery of Group reporting.
- Provide detailed analytical reviews and commentary as part of the delivery of financial information.
- Support the production of the Annual Report and Accounts
- Provide support to the Financial Reporting & Control Team in the production of monthly management accounts and internal reporting
- Assist with the proper implementation of all Financial control policies in the Branch and ensure oversight over the smooth functioning of the team.
- Ensure coordination and completion of the monthly financial statements exercise across the Bank.
- Involvement in all finance-related systems implementation and assist in preparing relevant business requirement documents, User Acceptance Testing and trainings.
- Ability to reconcile large amounts of data concerning new system developments and software upgrades.
- Month-end close process, including journal posting , accruals , prepayments and Fixed asset .
- Manage account payable, bank and system reconciliations.
- Carry out conformance testing as per approved standards for all the accounts with full documentation and results communicated to senior management.
- Develop/ enhance the Financial Control environment
- Liaise with both internal and external auditors as appropriate.
- Oversee the production of front office P&L and nostro reconciliations.