Financial / Regulatory Accountant
£50,000 - £70,000 + bonus + benefits
Who they are
They are an expanding SME retail banking group and this role is within the expanding London Branch of an international organisation. They have a role which is a mixed role requiring someone to understand Corep, regulatory reporting and accounting.
The preparation of Statutory Accounts, UK GAAP Conversion to FRS 102, documentation of accounting policies and procedures, and to assist the CFO and Deputy CFO as required. You will have control of external regulatory returns, monthly Bank of England Statistical reporting and COREP implementation. You might be required to assist the Deputy CFO on some ad hoc tasks. Specifically your role covers the following:
- Control of external regulatory returns focused upon the new EBA Corep and other PRA reporting requirements.
- Lead the monthly Bank of England Statistical reporting requirements.
- Participate in the Data Foundation COREP implementation Conversion of UK GAAP Accounts into FRS 102.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts in accordance with FRS 102 and deal with audit queries.
- Impact assessment of upcoming accounting standards.
- Documentation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Improve efficiency and transparency of existing reporting through the use of IT solutions and enhanced processes.
- Cross train and provide back up for the preparation and review of monthly Management Accounts.
- Cross train and provide backup for the preparation of Daily Currency Balance Sheet.
- To provide assistance to the CFO and Deputy CFO as required.
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant or QBE
- Experience in a finance department or finance related role in a Bank
- Must have in-depth knowledge and hands on experience of COREP with a key focus on liquidity and capital reporting
- Knowledge of UK GAAP, FRS 102 and IFRS
- Intermediate user of MS Excel and Access
- Strong communication, interpersonal, team working and organisational skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Highly numerate and analytical with ability to interpret statistical information.