Financial Analyst (Manager)
£54,500 - £58,750 + Benefits
In the next 10-20 years, for the first time in world history, their will be more people over the age of 60 than there will be under the age of 16. Advances in lifestyle and medicine, particularly in developed countries, have created a situation for governments, its health system, elderly care system and infrastructure which has caused immense pressure. In the UK this has become a political and economic "hot potato". The care home and home care provider industry has collectively a £10billion annual turnover in the UK with 60 - 70 major players in both the private, public and third sector. As a key independent research and analysis organisation in the sector, they have a hotline to the senior commercial figures within the industry and also the Cabinet. They now have a commercially driven role for a qualified accountant that requires a combination of financial and business analytical acumen with relationship management and engagement skills. This role has a considerable impact on the future direction of the industry, our society and will enhance your own personal reputation as the role is very high profile. The role also offers partial work from home.
Reporting directly to the Director of Business Analysis, the role plays a key role in reviewing and analysis of UK care providers for commercial business purposes. The department comprises a number of ex investment bankers and restructuring / transaction experts. The purpose is to understand the financial viability, vulnerability and risk of investment and assess the viability of a target operation with a view to investment.
- Preparing quarterly financial sustainability reporting packs based on analysis of financial and quality indicators for approximately 20 to 30 very large corporate organisations;
- Performing ad-hoc financial risk analysis where required;
- Documenting risk assessment decisions based on advice from the Director of Business Analysis and ensuring there is an accurate record of issues identified and resultant conclusions;
- Performing further financial analysis as required
- Building relationships and liaising with corporate providers on the provision of information, and performing periodic reviews / audits of statutory financial information; and
- Collating market intelligence reports from third parties which will be used to identify potential new entrants into the market.
- Building relationships with the management of corporates on the provision of information
- Design reporting packs which present key analysis in a clear and concise manner;
- Work alongside IT and Intelligence to develop solutions which increases the automation of the financial risk assessment process;
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role, you just meet the following criteria:
- A qualified accountant with a minimum of at least 4 years (1 years PQE minimum - no maximum)
- Strong IT and data manipulation skills and experience of Microsoft Excel and database software;
- Financial analysis experience gained in either restructuring, insolvency, transaction services or corporate recovery is essential;
- Knowledge of the various different business ownership and financing structures and an understanding of the associated business failure risks; e.g. revolving credit facilities, secured debt instrument, REITS.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills as well as strong report writing skills;
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships, both internally and externally;
- Experience of working in a team and meeting regular deadlines;