Financial Analyst / Management Accountant
£50,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
Who they are
They are a highly successful, entrepreneurial banking group with a fast growing and highly profitable and well run commercial real estate lending division. They have a role working solely with the commercial lending business and its team of business development specialists as well as the internal lenders. The role will be varied and supports the business in its growth and development as well as providing meaningful analytics to its senior management team and acting as a finance business partner. There are possible role content expansion opportunities and they also offer a work life balance.
Working with the MD of Property Development and close liaison with Business Development Managers and also Operations Manager of Property Development, the role has a strong commercial and proactive focus. You must not only be able to prepare financial information but understand and provide meaningful analysis. The Property Lending team is very busy and also collegiate in nature and you can get involved. The role includes:
- Analysis of the Division's financial accounts and budgets, and other performance metrics.
- Oversight of the daily and monthly review of cashflow forecasts and manage daily cashflow forecasts.
- Providing reporting and provision of operational control
- To prepare the monthly reconciliation of syndication and sub-participations.
- Manage outgoing payments.
- To ensure adequate reports and action against reported exceptions exist and provide required reporting, ensuring that reports are available as required.
- To be a centre of knowledge for the banking system and undertake testing of the banking system as required.
- Oversee the collection of interest including via direct debit.
- Provide monthly reconciliations to syndication and sub participation partners
- Act as Property Development liaison with the Group Finance Department and deal with any queries arising.
The Successful Candidate
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant or finalist Accountant who is numerate with strong analytical skills, management accounting and budgeting skills.
- Financial services or real estate / property experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
- IT literate with good Word and advanced Excel skills, SQL experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate with business management and other colleagues in group finance.
By applying to this job you are agreeing to our privacy notice which is freely available to view at: https://www.cameronkennedy.com/privacy