£55,000 - £70,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Who they are
This is an opportunity is to join a fast growing, equity backed international consultancy business which provides high quality sustainability and environmental services to major international corporate clients and governments. Having expanded rapidly in recent years by way of acquisition, they now have offices in the UK, USA, Europe, Middle East, Far East and Pacific. They have also acquired niche businesses, which allow them to cross sell other related services to its clients. They also continue to expand organically by attracting highly skilled professionals which has driven forward growth. Due to this expansion they have a new role, which reports to the CFO, and will be a key role in influencing / developing the finance function as well as working directly with the operations of the business. This is not just a back office role. During the first year there might be occasional travel to international locations as well. The role will suit someone prepared to go the extra mile in an exciting and expanding business with constant change and likely to prefer the concept of 'entrepreneurial' than 'steady state'. The company will be going through further fund raisings and may eventually list.
Reporting to the CFO, you will help manage the finance function and work closely with business operations. Responsibilities include:
- Oversight of preparation of monthly management accounts of a number of the UK and international business
- Consolidation of monthly group accounts.
- Over sight of preparation of quarterly accounts of related party companies as well as related part companies annual audited and annual accounts.
- Preparation of annual Group statutory accounts.
- Responsible for accounting systems and there on-going development.
- Oversight of VAT returns - quarterly.
- Preparation of annual budget with input from operational managers
- Coordinating weekly Group and subsidiary cash flow forecasting.
- Oversee client invoicing and debtor collection, oversee credit control and supplier payments, oversee expenses and credit card processing, oversee bank account operations and treasury management.
- Liaison with the business operations.
- Managing a small number of personnel.
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this role, you must be able to meet the following criteria:
- A qualified accountant who has a good academic background, able to work in an entrepreneurial expanding, business with constant change.
- Experience of producing and understanding monthly and statutory accounts to deadlines
- Experience / understanding of working in a smaller company environment
- Computer literate, keen, ambitious and dedicated to delivery,
- Preferably have experience of working in some form of professional services business (possibly a firm of accountants) but any industry experience will be considered.