Financial Controller - Interim
£225 - £300 per day or FTC £60,000
Venture capital backed global leading manufacturing company involved with Infection Prevention and Control within the healthcare industry. Reporting to the CEO, the FC will assume a hands-on role in running the finance department. The FC will have broad experience and be capable of managing diverse duties within finance operations. Exposure to private equity/VC-backed businesses would be beneficial, as would experience of manufacturing.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CMGA, ACA, CA) with financial controller experience in a sole charge role
- Proven experience in maintaining and optimising robust financial systems and processes.
- Excellent IT skills (proficiency with Xero, Salesforce, Excel, etc).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade and influence.
- Committed, enthusiastic and able to use initiative to drive the business forward.
- Excellent written communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly organised with the proven ability to manage multiple priorities with ease.
- Experience in Excel modelling of strategic business scenarios is a plus.
- Oversee the issuance of all financial information.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and cashflow forecasts.
- Submit VAT and other tax returns.
- Report financial results and KPI metrics to the senior management team.
- Maintain strong relations with all members of the management team.
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies (US entity).
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems.
- Contribute financial information to tendering processes, distribution and partnership agreements.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
- Manage UK and US bank accounts and action drawdowns.
- Authorise payments.
- Oversee weekly and monthly payroll.
- Manage pension scheme.
- Submit payroll reports to HMRC.
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Develop financial and tax strategies.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction.
- Construct and monitor reliable financial control systems.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Maintain banking, legal and supplier relationships.
- Process ordering and duty/import