£90,000 - £110,000 + Benefits + Bonus
They are a fast expanding, ambitious leading quoted business services and consultancy firm serving the financial services and investment industry operating in UK, Europe and the USA providing a range of business support, consultancy and advisory services.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
In order to be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Be a professionally qualified accountant (ideally ACA) with a minimum 8 years' PQE.
- Have previous experience of working, or auditing / advising, in a professional or financial services (funds) sector an advantage.
- Have previous exposure to working in a listed environment would be ideal.
- It is essential to have exposure to IFRS.
- Previous supervisory experience - must be able to lead and command respect of the Finance team, Business Unites and Group services divisional leads.
- Commercial aptitude
- Demonstrable process efficiency orientation
- Strong team player; energetic and enthusiastic
- Excellent analytical and financial skills with keen attention to detail
- Positive and flexible approach, able to work well under pressure, prioritise work effectively and
- meet strict deadlines
- First class written and verbal communication skills; be able to communicate effectively with
- directors, partners, lawyers, support staff, suppliers and other third parties
- Confident manner and personal impact to command the respect of senior management
- Experience of consolidations and international exposure
- Highly PC literate with strong systems skills including strong excel and modelling skills
Reporting to the CFO, the role is wide ranging and includes:
- Responsible for the annual budget process across the group including 13+ business units and various group services divisions. Responsible for budget model including Income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, management recharges, intercompany eliminations and KPIs. Coordination with business unit heads and reporting to the Executive Committee and ultimately the Board of Directors in June/July board meeting. Monthly roll forward of the budget showing actual plus budget as well as variance analysis. Half year reforecasting November/December.
- Lead on acquisitions and integrations. Assist with due diligence process at pre acquisition stage. At completion responsible for PPA and acquisition accounting. Coordination of integrations into group accounting systems and processes within three months of acquisitions.
- Coordination and ultimate responsibilities of front half of Annual Report & Accounts to be delivered in accordance with the yearend timetable. Coordination of various reports delivered across the business including director reports, Remuneration and ESG.
- KPI reporting on a monthly basis to support investors and lender facing documents including the half year and year end annual financial statements.
- Implementation of new Budgeting system, Adaptive Planning, linking into the financial accounting system.. To be commenced autumn of 2022 to go live Spring 2023 in advance of financial year to June 2024 budget cycle.
- Implementation of process and reporting improvements in key areas noted above.
- Involvement in adhoc projects which may include fundraising, new corporate setups, group restructures, tax projects.
- Cross training with other financial controllers and key team members of the Finance team to ensure Finance internal and external deadlines are meet.
- Potential for responsibility for Treasury Management function including bedding in of automated links to Santander banking platform from finance platform and further process automation in cashiering process.