£90000 - £100000 + Bonus + Benefits
Growing London operation of international banking group with global assets $20billion. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities.
Reporting to the CFO and working with a small finance team (2 direct reports) you will provide a regular financial reporting system for the Bank in London complying with best accounting standards. You will fulfil the reporting requirements of the overseas Head Office and also assist with the setting of accounting standards for UK reporting; to ensure compliance with regulatory reporting returns for the FCA and overseas regulatory authority. The role includes the following:
- To prepare the regular financial reporting of the London Bank, delegating responsibilities as appropriate. To include, amongst others, the daily profitability & balance sheet report.
- Responsibility for all matters relating to taxation of the Bank
- Prepare Group Financial Reporting Pack for PLC and annual budget and statutory accounts.
- To analyse and prepare the monthly commentaries on results for internal and Head Office uses.
- To act as department advisor on systems developments.
- To respond to accounting requirements on general ledger package and related peripheral software, making recommendations as appropriate for improvement/development.
- To provide professional accounting advice to the operational departments within the Bank including taxation.
- To provide an efficient payments system for paying of the firms invoices.
- To provide input to consolidation of International Banking Group results, and prepare accounts for all London controlled subsidiaries.
- To ensure that accurate and prompt reports are made to all supervisory bodies and that full compliance is made with all supervisory and statistical requirements.
- To manage regulatory changes, controlling the effects on the business.
- To carry out ad-hoc work as requested by the Chief Financial Officer.
- To prepare, in conjunction with Chief Financial Officer quarterly financial reports to the Board.
- Provide overall management of conversion to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- A qualified chartered accountant with international banking experience of at least 8-10 years and having knowledge of relevant systems and taxation matters
- Sound knowledge and experience at Senior Management level in the financial control function of an International Bank
- A thorough knowledge of PRA regulations and reporting requirements.
- Good management skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Good systems/computer skills.