Accountancy and Finance
|Salary:||£80000 - £120000 per annum + or appropriate daily rate|
|Job Published:||almost 4 years ago|
Financial Controller (Interim 12 month contract)
£80,000 - £120,000 or appropriate daily rate (Dependant on Experience)
Who They Are
The company is a fast expanding manufacturing company focussed on sustainability. The Company has approximately 120 employees globally and in a growth phase with significant production capacity investment underway in Europe and planned for the UK. They now have a newly created Financial Controller within their finance team for a suitably qualified accountant who is looking for an exciting interim project. The role could suit an ex Financial Director or Financial Controller who has had many years of experience, who can demonstrate that they are comfortable hitting the ground running. The company must have utmost confidence that the successful candidate is not only able to perform their main duties but also set up the finance structure for a new overseas business unit from scratch but also manage through a significant construction project
Reporting to the Financial Director you will have a small finance team reporting to you comprising both qualified and part qualified accountants. You will be responsible for the integrity of financial reporting including monthly management accounts, the annual financial statements and half year interims - for PLC group reporting and also subsidiary statutory accounts (and oversight of overseas subsidiaries). The above to cover Group functions and proposed new business unit. Specifically your role includes responsibility for:
- Management of monthly month end close process and related management of finance team as part of this process.
- Day to day management of group cashflow / treasury.
- Set up of structure for proposed new business unit, to include structure of Finance functions and capabilities.
- Ensuring key administrative processes are carried out/have appropriate controls in place - Accounts payable, payroll (i.e. partly oversight/partly functional).
- Corporate and other tax compliance for group.
- Interaction with Group auditors concerning annual external financial audit.
- Ad hoc financial reporting/tax compliance (eg. share options).
- Working closely with Financial Planning and Analysis Manager (who is responsible for all budgets, forecasts, sales/product analysis).
- Provide leadership and direction to all direct reports, ensuring all are striving to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Proactively manage individual team member's performance , conducting annual performance reviews and setting clear and SMART objectives.
- Developing and setting goals that promote commercial success.
- Create a resourcing plan, recruiting & developing staff in line with current and future needs of the business.
- Ensure strategic goals are clearly communicated to all staff under area of responsibility.
- Assist in identifying and implementing processes to control risks.
- Accountable for the effective management of owned risks.
- Working with direct reports to ensure that risks associated with their own roles and departments are understood and managed.
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- A graduate fully Qualified (ACA preferred) with a minimum of 10 years post qualification experience;
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience of being a Financial Controller or FD and be comfortable working at this level;
- Must be computer literate, including a detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office - Outlook, Excel, Word and Power point;
- Demonstrable leadership and people management skills;
- Strong written and oral communication style, appropriate to several management levels and up to executive level, internally and externally;
- Organised, structured and results/execution focussed;
- Excellent ability to meet deadlines;
- Collaborative management style and engaging communication style able to interact at all levels.
Sorry, this job is no longer available