Financial Crime Officer
TO £40,000 + 15% Non-Con Pension + Bonus + Benefits
Central London - Hybrid Role
Growing London operation of international banking group with global assets $50billion. The business comprises private banking, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities. They have a truly international culture and very cosmopolitan as well as collegiate culture.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* University degree and any relevant professional qualifications
* 1 - 2 years in financial crime related role.
* Experience with client due diligence, financial crime monitoring, and control testing.
* Must be comfortable with the use of technology in Financial Crime Compliance and use of
automated transaction monitoring systems, customer name and payments screening and document imaging and workflow solutions.
* Previous participation in financial crime technology implementation projects is an advantage.
* Experience in reviewing and writing financial crime compliance policies and procedures to a
* Highly efficient, team player, with good attention to detail, accuracy
* High standard performer that enjoys working in a dynamic and small team
* Ability to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines and to withstand occasionally high pressure
* Accuracy and high level of numeracy and literacy
* Good working knowledge of Windows suite
* Ability to examine and evaluate regulatory rules & legislation
Reporting to the MLRO you will assist the Financial Crime Department in its role as second line of defence by undertaking financial crime monitoring in accordance with the group Financial Crime Monitoring & Assurance Framework. The role includes the following:
* Assist team with 2LOD assurance testing as required by the Financial Crime Monitoring & Assurance schedule.
* Review and assess internal suspicious activity reports submitted from teams within the Bank and recommend follow on actions, as necessary
* Prepare and submit disclosures to relevant law enforcement agencies under the supervision of the MLRO
* Maintain records of all internal SAR reports and disclosures made to relevant authorities
* Assist the MLRO with financial crime review audits
* Discount daily client database screening and payment matches raised on WorldCheck & Safewatch and escalate as required
* WorldCheck batch screening and reporting.
* Maintain departmental registers including daily and monthly monitoring, regulatory change tracker & any internal project trackers e.g. Oracle Mantas
* Maintain records of remediation requirements resulting from the financial crime monitoring & assurance work and ensure action points are tracked with regards to delays/progress/completion
* Maintain RCSA register and log any new processes as required
* Maintain audit point recommendations arising from internal audits, third-party reviews and the MLRO report
* Complete all other departmental admin requirements
* Assist with client investigations including additional screening and adverse media checks
* Maintain SAR correspondence, investigation files & SAR register
* Maintain the Fraud investigation register and all corresponding investigation documents