Financial Planning Analyst
£55000 - £65000 + Bonus + (10% non-contributory pension) + Benefits
Highly established global investment management group with over $350 billion AUM with offices in 3 global financial centres.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
- It is essential that you are a Graduate Qualified accountant with financial services industry experience
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting is essential
- Strong financial modelling skills in Excel with experience of building integrated P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow models is essential
- Ability to analyse data and provide relevant financial insight
- Must be highly numerate and have strong oral and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Must be able to work independently to research, analyse, synthesize and present complex qualitative and quantitative data clearly
This role sits within the Financial Planning and Analysis team which is responsible for Group forecasts and budgets, ICAAP. Management reporting the Board of Directors and also supports the CFO with ad-hoc financial analysis and ongoing development of the Finance platform. This is a new role which reports to the Senior Analyst, to support the delivery and enhancements of ICAAP and also the medium term financial planning process, as well as the Group's profitability analysis. You would also be expected to take on the Group Cash Flow forecast process in due course.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering the financial analysis to support the annual ICAAP process including forecast Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow under multiple scenarios. This includes working closely with Accounting and Transfer Pricing teams to understand historic actuals, as well as Risk and relevant Business teams to agree scenario assumptions;
- Assist with the MTFP to support strategic decision making and delivery of the Group's longer term objectives, working in partnership with the Corporate Development team.
- Assist with the Group wide fully allocated profitability analysis, including working with business finance teams to execute on financial decisions
- Work with technology teams to develop strategic platform solutions for all key deliverables
- Carry out additional duties as assigned which may include ad-hoc financial analysis, supporting Finance platform change projects, cash flow forecasting and management reporting.