Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
£60000 - £70000 + bonus + benefits
City of London
They are a leading technology trading firm which provides a trading platform to investors and broker-dealer firms. They have a small firm environment. They also provide data to clients to enable trading decisions, as well as connectivity solutions that enable straight-through processing; and execution services for fund managers and other clients. They also provide market and reference data to the global capital markets.
Reporting to the European Head of Finance and working in a "hands on" capacity within a collegiate and hardworking small finance team, you will utilise your understanding of company financials and macro-economic trends to help collect and compile data that is relevant to our business in support of our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) processes. Financial Services experience is desirable but not essential and candidates from any industry background will be considered. The role is wide ranging and includes:
- Preparing weekly financial/operating metrics and daily revenue/volume report.
- Preparing detailed monthly management reports and variance analysis.
- Understand, analyse, and report on key variances between Actual, Budget and Forecast.
- Participating in budgeting and forecasting process, populating Budget/Forecast templates including consolidation of the European Budget.
- Providing accounting support and back-up for key Revenue processes.
- Partnering with the accounting team on month-end close activities, driving accuracy and completeness of the financial results as presented in the management reporting deck.
- Preparation of quarterly board papers.
- Preparing quarterly VAT and FCA returns.
- Performing ad hoc financial analysis to support business decisions.
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this excellent role within a growing and interesting business, you should meet the following criteria:
- Qualified accountant or qualified by experience with at least 3 years relevant management reporting experience including month-end financial close processes.
- Good technical accounting training and capabilities.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, strong MS Office skills including Word and Powerpoint.
- Financial Services experience desirable but not essential and candidates from any industry background will be considered.
- Numerate and methodical with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Process oriented with excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent performance accountability orientation following through on commitments and deadlines.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills.