Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
£65000 - £70000 + Benefits
They are a global retail group with over 300 multi type units with different drivers. They are shortly to become part of a global integrated conglomerate which is expanding rapidly both organically and by acquisition. This new role will suit someone with a business orientated mind who can analyse a business, transfer that understanding into finance and understand profitability. The role has a significant impact on the business and will look at not only the existing business but also new geographical locations.
The role holder, which will be one of the top 10 employees within the company, works closely with the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, Group CFO, Group FC and Regional FC's. The role will increase shareholder value through three different prongs and .
Forecasting & budgeting
- Support the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis in delivering the end to end planning cycle for the Group-wide budget and forecasting processes, along with analytical review and trend analysis. Develop and maintain the Group budgeting and forecasting model; developing an efficient and automated forecasting and reporting process to be used by regional Finance teams when submitting information to Group finance. Deliver consistent and accurate management information that supports effective business decision making. Produce monthly analysis summarising key drivers of performance across multiple cost centres for inclusion in Group management accounts. Analyse monthly P&L reports and identify key issues with a view to influencing and initiating improvement actions.
Financial analysis & modelling
- Support the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis in production of a 5 year business plan that is accurate and flexible to allow different business scenarios to be modelled, enabling effective business decisions. Provide insight to financial performance of business segments through analysis and interpretation of results. Initiate and support revenue generation and cost reduction initiatives. Model financial impact of potential changes to the business. Review locations' margins, expenses and profits
Cash management & covenants
- Produce and monitor rolling 13 week cash flow forecast for UK Operations; overseeing daily banking operations and maintaining effective cash management. Produce a monthly cash flow forecast, identifying risks and challenges with proposed spend. Prepare covenant calculations for monthly reports to Group Board and quarterly submission to Bank. Assist in management of the relationship with the Group's bankers; monitoring covenant compliance and provision of management information to Bank
Who They Are Looking For
This critical role for the business requires someone with gravitas, intellectual capability, a highly analytical mind-set, able to clearly articulate thoughts, with strong presentation skills.
- Qualified Accountant with at least 2 years experience in a similar role in a retail or multi-site business such as pubs, restaurants or retail groups
- Extensive planning and analysis experience - leading budget process for a complex business or assisting at a senior level and is restricted in there personal growth.
- Proven business and financial analysis skills as well as problem solving skills.
- Strong level of Excel (vlookups, pivots, etc) and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Extremely detail oriented and capable of producing consistently accurate output.
- Ability to influence and support the business to maximise value creation with insightful and actionable financial analysis.
- Self-starter and innovative thinker able to see the "big picture"
- Hands-on approach and commitment to "get the job done" and flexible attitude.