Financial Planning & Budgeting Accountant
£50,000 - £65,000 + Bonus + Benefits (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
They are a highly regarded mid-size investment bank with over 270 employees. They have a commercial culture but are also highly collegiate and promote excellence in everything they do. They are now seeking to recruit an ambitious and technically sound individual for a 12 month fixed term contract.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Fully/part-qualified accountant ACCA, CIMA, ACA;
- Good technical accounting knowledge and technical expertise which must include financial planning, forecasting, variance analysis and especially budgeting.
- Experience of Hyperion Essbase and Hyperion Planning highly advantageous;
- Attention to detail;
- Highly numerate, strong academic background including good class of degree.
- Proactive, commercially aware and strong communication skills;
- Good analytical skills, problem solving capability;
- Ability to work independently and effectively within a team.
- Previous financial services experience would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite.
The Finance department comprising of 12 people covers a broad scope of financial planning, recording, controlling and reporting activities from transactional accounting through to the provision of analysis and forecasting for decision- making. The department supports senior management in exercising budgetary and financial control in pursuit of the company's strategic objectives. Reporting to the Management & Financial Reporting Manager, the role will include the following:
- Maintain proper processes and procedures relating to the role.
- Maintenance of reporting structures in Oracle Essbase / Hyperion Planning, and other reporting data sources.
- Manage the budgeting process to include:
o Implementation of new budgeting system - Hyperion Planning (Ad-hoc project)
o Review the whole budgeting process including Management involvement and sign off.
- Assist and enhance annual writing of the business plan (bi-annual refresh)
- Variance analysis between budgeted, forecast and actual costs - Prepare enhanced variance analysis information to allow management to understand where the actual performance has differed from the budget.
o Quarterly forecasting - feeds into controllable cost reporting
o Review drivers - develop relevant drivers for each cost centre (currently these are defaulted to headcount however other drivers such as time allocations maybe more relevant for some cost centres)
o Review strategies with business heads
o Feedback against actuals
- Assist Senior Management and Financial accountant with the production of business line reporting with allocated costs schedules for all business lines and cost centres.
- Set up regular meetings with business heads to discuss current performance and future forecasting requirements as part of quarterly forecasting.
- Set up and enhance rolling forecast of the firm through collation of information from business heads.
- Gain understanding in current reporting provided by finance the company.
- Assist with various tax reporting such as quarterly VAT returns and PSA
- Liaise with the corporate department in the production of corporate finance fee invoices.
- Produce daily bank reconciliations for the non-trade accounts.
- Ad-hoc project work,