Financial Planning Assistant
£30,000 - £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits + Training
City of London
- Are you an aspiring Financial Planner looking for a long term and structured career?
- Are you a holder of the Investment Advise Diploma (Financial Planning) or close to being qualified?
- Do you have 18-24 Months experience within financial planning at a Wealth Manager or Investment Manager?
- Do you have experience with IRESS and previous experience in the research/report writing process?
If you can answer yes to all of the above then I would like to hear from you!
They are a leading and highly respected FSTE 250 listed Investment Manager. They are one of the UK's leading providers of investment management services for individuals, charities and professional advisers. Due to internal promotions within the business, they are currently looking for two "Financial Planning Assistants" to join them on a permanent basis. They are offering full training and support to the right candidates to help them develop a career within their financial planning arm. The company are also offering a long term and structured career path to the right candidates, with full support for those who want to go far.
The Role and accountabilities:
Working alongside the Financial Planners, you'll be tasked with providing excellent client service as part of the client team, ensuring that the outcomes the clients are after are met. You'll accompany Financial Planners to client meetings as required and produce files that are suitable for the advice process. You'll be responsible for:
- Working alongside the Financial Planners to produce RFP services to clients.
- Accompany the Financial Planner to client meetings; prepare meeting notes, research and the file for the advice process.
- Contact clients to obtain data or clarification on issues.
- Brief the Financial Planners on individual client issues to be discussed at meetings.
- Select and prepare tolls or aids that will help clients understand issues and discussions in meetings.
- Ensure documents are fully prepared for client meetings to ensure exceptional delivery and outcomes at meetings.
- Update assessment summaries and finalise RICE ahead of meetings.
- Maintain internal CRM systems to ensure internal and compliant standards are met.
As the role holder you'll:
- Have long term career aspirations to become a Financial Planner (An absolute MUST).
- Be Degree educated.
- Be IAD LVL 4 (Financial Planning) qualified or close to being qualified.
- Have 18-24 months experience in a supporting function within financial planning at a Wealth or Investment Manager.
- Be product detailed, with practical and tax knowledge and it's application to client situations.
- Have the ability to work alongside multiple Financial Planners and set and review priorities.
- Be experienced with IRESS (Advantageous).
- Be experienced with using research tools (Advantageous).
- Have the understanding and ability to apply advice process (Advantageous).
- Have knowledge/experience of working with DFM's (Advantageous).