Financial Planning Assistant
£25,000 - £30,000
Newcastle upon Tyne
My client, a leading investment management firm, are after a Financial Planning Administrator to join the thriving Newcastle office. Reporting to the Client Team Manager, you'll be tasked with providing excellent client service in the local office working as part of the client team. You'll also be working closely with the Financial Planner to ensure outcomes for clients are as required. The role holder will also accompany the Financial Planner to client meetings as required and prepare files for the suitability advice process.
- Work closely with the Financial Planner to deliver RFP services to clients.
- Work without supervision and on own initiative to deliver an excellent personalised client service.
- Accompany the Financial Planner to client meetings, prepare meeting notes, research if applicable and the file for the advice process.
- Contact clients to obtain data or clarify issues.
- Maintain internal CRM systems as per the firms Procedures and adhering to compliant procedures.
- Brief the Financial Planner on individual client issues to be discussed at meetings.
- Select and prepare tolls or aids that will help clients understand issues and discussion in meetings.
- Ensure documents that may be required at client meetings are prepared and available when needed.
- Update assessment summaries and finalise RICE ahead of meetings.
- Other duties as directed by the department/line manager.
- Maybe required to travel to other offices as required.
As the role holder you will have/be:
- A Diploma in Financial Planning.
- 12-18 months experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a supporting function within Financial Planning.
- The ability to work with multiple Financial Planners and set and review priorities.
- Previous experience in the research/report writing process.
- Able to plan and organise documents needed at client meetings.
- The understanding and ability to apply advice process.
- Product detailed, practical and tax knowledge and its application to client situations.
- Knowledge/experience of working with DFMs.
- Wanting to progress to become a Financial Planner.
- Experience with IRESS is desirable but not compulsory as full training will be given.