Accountancy and Finance
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£55000 per annum + bonus + benefits|
|Job Published:||over 4 years ago|
Financial Reporting Accountant
£55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
Who They Are
They are a financial services group with circa 10000 employees globally. Based in London and with 250 employees, their European operation has a strong brand name and a reputation for success. They are very profitable and are an expanding business. They have a strong collegiate environment and is a place where employees enjoy working and are also offered excellent career opportunities. In this role, you will gain excellent exposure to the business.
You will support the Financial Control Manager in complying with SII Pillar III reporting obligations, and also the European business in performing controls and accounting for month, quarter and year end tasks. The role is wide ranging and includes the following:
- Responsible for compliance obligations for the SII Pillar III Reporting, including:
- Maintenance of the accuracy of underlying books and records for the companies;
- Performing the close process for the quarterly reporting, annual reporting and ad hoc reporting to the authorities;
- Managing the quarterly and annual reporting process by ensuring deadlines are met jointly by the relevant departments
- Preparing and presenting quarterly and annual MI Packs to senior management and the CFO.
- Delivering high quality output for quarterly and annual reporting for various required templates and reports
- Preparing Board and Audit Committee Packs as required;
- Being the first liaison contact for the auditors.
- Responsible for quarter end and month end accounting and control for US GAAP and IFRS Reporting basis, including technical provisions, receivables and payables and corporation tax;
- Responsible for preparing technical accounting papers regarding accounting treatment under USGAAP, IFRS and SII.
- Ad hoc projects and requests.
Who are they looking for
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Newly / recently qualified accountant currently working in the audit department of a Big 6 accounting firm with financial services exposure.
- Demonstrates an appropriate level of technical skills for the role and an appreciation of current technical issues affecting the accountancy profession.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including actively taking part in meetings
- An eye for detail and able to meet deadlines.
- Proactively provides accurate and timely updates on status of work and escalates issues.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to senior management and executive committee members.
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Accountant with Italian Language Skills
Location: Essex, England
Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum
Senior Operational Risk Manager
Location: London, England
Salary: £95000 - £110000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Operational Risk Manager
Location: London, England
Salary: £70000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Senior Compliance Advisory Officer
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £80000 - £97000 per annum + Attractive Benefits + Bonus