Financial Reporting Accountant
£55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
Expanding global financial services group with profitable strong business and commercial operations. They have a strong collegiate and progressive environment where good career opportunities exist. Previous financial services industry experience is not required. In this role, you will gain excellent exposure to the business, build commercial exposure and also exposure to senior management as well as making use of your technical knowledge.
You will support the Finance team in complying with reporting obligations, and also the European business in performing accounting for month, quarter and year end. The role is wide ranging and includes the following:
- Performing the closing for the quarterly reporting, annual reporting and ad hoc reporting to the authorities;
- Managing the quarterly and annual reporting process by ensuring deadlines are met jointly by the relevant departments;
- Preparing and presenting quarterly and annual MI Packs to senior management and also at Board level;
- Delivering high quality information for quarterly and annual reporting;
- Being the first point of contact for the auditors you will prepare Board and Audit Committee Packs;
- Responsible for quarter end and month end accounting for US GAAP and IFRS;
- Responsible for preparing technical accounting papers regarding accounting treatment under USGAAP and IFRS.
- Ad hoc projects and requests.
The Right Person
To be considered for this role you do not need financial services experience but you should meet the following criteria:
- Newly / recently qualified accountant who has qualified in 2015 -2016 from a big 6 firm of accountants.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding.
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing including taking part in finance meetings and dealing with business managers and the Board.
- An eye for detail and able to meet deadlines.
- Can prepare and deliver presentations to senior management.