|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£65000 - £70000 per annum|
|Job Published:||over 5 years ago|
- Prepare the Bank's statutory accounts (annual and interim) for the Financial Controller to review.
- Manage/produce the monthly management accounts and cost centre reporting packs for review by the Financial Controller.
- To provide direct support to the Financial Controller in completing accounting procedures and to assist the Financial Controller to further develop all Financial Control and Reconciliation processes for the Bank.
- To support the CFO and Financial Controller with analysis to support cost/benefit analysis and control the cost base of the Bank through the review and challenge of Cost Centre financial performance.
- Service ad-hoc information requests in respect of the management accounts from the financial controller, CFO or executive team.
- Deal effectively and accurately with information requests and queries from external and internal auditors resolving any queries in a prompt and accurate manner.
- Preparation of the monthly provision analysis, calculation and reconciliation ahead of Financial Controller and Head of Credit sign off.
- Compilation of Finance Risk data, understand the Bank's Financial risks and manage them appropriately, raising concerns to the Financial Controller of any risks that are not being managed appropriately and that may impact the Bank.
- To assist the financial controller in performing user acceptance testing in advance of changes to IT infrastructure, chart of accounts or new product launches.
- Liaise with key staff/departments and senior management across the Bank developing an appropriate profile for the Finance Department and increasing awareness of the criticality of its role.
- Continually identify and suggest process improvements both directly within Finance and also throughout the Bank, including Head Office and Branches as required and signified by financial and risk reporting. Be a part of the team responsible for implementing such improvements.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Proactively assist the Financial Controller in the preparation of corporate and departmental budgets, forecasts and associated financial modelling.
- Document and highlight implications of product profitability, channel profitability and Regulatory Capital
(It is envisaged that this component of work will be migrated to the FP&A team once established)
- To prepare the Bank's VAT, Corporate Tax and Income Tax (CT61, s17, P11D and PSA) returns for review by the Financial Controller.
- Priorities own workload and to supervise the work of the Financial Accountant and Accounts Payable Officer (duties: purchase ledger and supplier payments, sales ledger and credit control, fixed asset register maintenance and reconciliation, month end general ledger control account reconciliations).
- To manage the Financial Accountant's and Accounts Payable Officers performance and development.
- Providing support to the financial accountant to produce management information and conduct ad-hoc duties.
Competencies, skills, knowledge and experience required to undertake the role:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- 5+ years PQE
- 3-5 years Industry experience; Small Bank, Building Society, Ideally big 4 trained
- Incumbent should have demonstrable knowledge of the regulatory environment (Regulatory Capital -CAD/ RWA, Leverage etc.)
- Solid IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to identify key issues and prioritise work effectively
- Experience of core banking systems, preferably Misys Equation system
- Flexible approach to role and desire to support the Bank's wider objectives when these extend beyond the individuals core role
Other requirements specific to the role:
- Ability and willingness to adopt a flexible approach to address specific demands
- Flexible approach to role and role holder will be required to support the teams and Bank's wider objectives when these extend beyond the individuals core role.
Sorry, this job is no longer available