Financial Services Research Analyst
To £75000 + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
They are a global professional services company located in more than 35 countries across the world. Their clients are major multinationals, global household names, Fortune 500 companies, emerging companies, cutting edge tech companies, fintechs, investment firms, hedge funds managers, private equity firms, banks, and specialist financial service companies. They are a leading brand name within their sector. As part of their exciting expansion plans they have created a new position to support various business departments in their sector intelligence, decision making, branding and business development efforts and ensuring they stay up-to-date on key legal, client, sector and market developments.
Reporting to the Research Manager of Business Intelligence, your role will be one of the new foundations for business research and will play a key role in building a research knowledge base that continually analyses the firm's clients, markets, sectors and legal developments globally for the Financial Services industry. The nature of the team's work is wide-ranging from troubleshooting information databases, sourcing laws and regulations and seeking commentary on new legal developments through to producing company profiles, assessing the firm's competitive environment and helping to deepen their professionals understanding of the industry sectors in which their clients operate. You will have regular interaction with their lawyers, business development teams and other internal clients and you will be given significant autonomy to take personal responsibility and work under your own initiative to effectively deliver the research support needed. As part of a global team the role will provide legal research support to all of this firm's global locations and will be wide ranging in scope. Responsibilities will include:
- Developing the firm's knowledge base for the Financial Services sector through ongoing research and monitoring of clients, sectors and markets and other content from the research and monitoring you undertake.
- Maintaining profiles based on your research and keeping their professionals and other stakeholder groups up to speed on developments.
- Assessing and answering requests to ensure that they are handled in the most appropriate way that deliver the best results.
- Monitor and provide regular briefings (written and webinars/seminars) on developments in the sector internationally and on specific markets, clients and competitor activity.
- Support research queries requiring specialist financial services sector knowledge.
- Provide research input for sector client events and training, external publications, pitches and other business development initiatives.
- Assist in evaluating and procuring research and information resources required to support the knowledge needs of employees involved in the financial services sector e.g. professionals, team members within the research or business development teams.
- Deliver training when required.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- At least five years' experience conducting research into the financial services industry, ideally working within a professional services environment, or similar fast-paced corporate environment perhaps a financial services company;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously will be required in order to build working relationships with stakeholders in both physical and virtual teams;
- Strong research skills are vital for this role, including critical and analytical thinking, research methodology, synthesise multiple information you find and able to summarise and abstract what you read.
- Quality-oriented with high attention to detail and willingness to make the extra effort if necessary to complete what is required to a high standard.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Familiarity with SharePoint would be an advantage
- Have experience of using legal or business research resources. such as Bloomberg, Lexis, OneSource/Avention, BvD (Mint/Orbis), Capital IQ and other Financial Services sector specific research resources such as Factset, Preqin, Debtwire, Eurekahedge and PitchBook.