- To lead on the technical design and configuration of the chart of accounts, system interfaces and business processes in the new Finance System, ensuring that the Legion's requirements are met. To lead on all technical aspects of the implementation and ensure that associated tasks are delivered to time and budget.
- To direct the work of a small team of Finance System specialists on the project, ensuring that their work is delivered on time and to agreed quality standards
- To ensure that a full suite of documentation is in place to support the new Finance System, including design documentation, business process maps and procedure documentation for Finance and non-Finance users
- To ensure that the impact of changes to the Finance System on the design and operation of feeder systems is identified and understood. To support the feeder system 'owners' to deliver the required changes, ensuring that appropriate documentation and changes controls are in place and that all changes are audit compliant.
- To be the key point of contact between the Project Team, the Advanced Business Solutions Technical Team and the IT Department, ensuring coherence in systems, policies and approaches. To act as champion for the new Finance System, contributing to stakeholder communication, engagement and training.
- To recommend changes to Finance policy and procedures, with a view to streamlining decision making and key financial processes through the implementation of the new system
- To oversee the transfer of data from the s legacy systems (Sun and Proactis) to Open Accounts, ensuring that the necessary system and financial controls are in place and that the data is robustly tested to ensure its accuracy and completeness
- To proactively seek ways to improve the integration of the Legion's databases and the integrity of data
- To support the Finance Systems Programme Manager to identify and quantify project benefits and communicate these to key stakeholders. To provide periodic reports for the Finance Systems Programme Manager for onward submission to the Board and to contribute towards the overall planning and delivery of the project