Accountancy and Finance
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£50000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Fixed Assets Accounting Manager
£50,000 - £65,000 + Benefits + Bonus
A fast growing, well-funded and institutional backed (via a major global investment fund), a transport equipment company supporting the transport infrastructure operating throughout Europe and also in the USA. They are a dynamic and progressive international company.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
To be considered for this excellent interesting, diverse role, you will need to meet the following ESSENTIAL criteria:
- Full working proficiency in English, both written and orally
- Must have accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA, or similar)
- Hands-on application of accounting principles under IAS 16 and IFRS 16
- A strong sense of ownership and the ability to independently drive solutions to projects
- Strong analytical skills - must be able to understand how to collect data, analyze & interpret the results
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with Powerpoint and PowerBi (or similar) and preparing management presentations
- Proficiency with ERP systems
- Team-player who can work effectively as a business partner with teams across multiple geographies in a dynamic multicultural, multinational environment
Additional Preferred Experience and Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft D365, or Microsoft AX 2025 or Dynamics or similar Microsoft products
- Experience in the rail industry or with an asset-leasing company or large plant based company.
- Experience with report creation using Power BI or other data visualization tools
Reporting to the Head of Controlling you will lead all fixed assets and maintenance accounting and reporting activities for the Group. You will have initially one direct report to support the timely and accurately delivery of the tasks under your direct responsibility. Key responsibilities include:
Fixed assets and maintenance accounting
- Lead all fixed asset-related accounting activities, including but not limited to the following: acquisitions, disposals, depreciation, intragroup transfers, impairment reviews, and accounting for maintenance activities. Periodic tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Record periodic depreciation (both consolidated IFRS level as well as standalone depreciation)
- Assess for impairment triggering events; where a triggering event has been identified, work with internal and external valuation team to identify whether an impairment has occurred and record the impairment as necessary
- Ensure maintenance expenditures are accounted against asset at the sub ledger level
- Perform the accounting for intragroup transfers where necessary
- Ensure adequacy of records to accounting and reporting of standalone statutory values where different from asset values for consolidated accounts.
- Ensure proper allocation of asset-related costs (e.g. maintenance expense, asset overhead costs, insurance costs, etc) to individual assets to enable asset-level performance reviews
- Liaise with AP, review and post invoices relating to asset-related activities (maintenance, asset overhead, capex, etc)
- Assistance on procurement activities (e.g. any asset related purchase orders)
- Maintain and review fixed asset construction projects by creating new capex projects in D365 to track and monitor capex spend.
- Prepare weekly and monthly capex spend summaries in various formats (excel and PowerBi) and review results with the Technical Team and Financial Planning & Analysis Team
- Maintain the accounting for the Company's finance lease assets and document the assessment for new finance leases per IFRS 16.
- Assist in the assessment of finance vs operating lease decisions
- Record periodic interest income on finance leases in D365
- Review manufacture agreements and asset purchase agreements to identify relevant accounting considerations and ensure proper accounting for capital expenditures in line with IAS 16.
- Maintain separate accounting dimension for Lux asset values and transactions.
- Lead all month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accounting close activities.
- Provide technical accounting feedback to asset-related inquiries from other teams including the Controlling Team, Financial Planning & Analysis Team, Technical Team, and Commercial Team.
- Be the primary contact for all fixed assets-related request for the preparation of the annual accounts.
- To the extent the annual accounts require audits, also serve as the primary contact with the external auditors
- Prepare technical accounting memos where necessary for more complex, judgment-oriented fixed assets accounting topics
- Assist in asset portfolio-reporting activities including:
- Monthly remarketing reporting to be delivered to the Commercial Team and FP&A team
- Monthly full service and maintenance reserve spend summary to the Technical and FP&A team
- Monthly abridged portfolio statistics to be uploaded to Power BI input file as part of month end close
- Quarterly reporting to FP&A team for use in the shareholders reporting package
- Quarterly statistic and portfolio data to Chief Commercial Officer for quarterly strategy committee meetings
- Submit periodic asset insurance declarations (annually)
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Location: Surrey, England
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Good Benefits + Share Options
Partnership Manager - B2B Business Development
Location: London, England
Location: London, England
Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum
Location: London, England
Salary: £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits + Study Support
Management Accountant : Planning & Forecasting
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £50000 - £63000 per annum + + Benefits