Accountancy and Finance
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£75000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus|
|Duration:||6- 9 months|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Fund Accounting Oversight Manager
To £75,000 - £85,000 + Bonus + Extensive Benefits Package
Our client, a dedicated Multi-Asset investment management business with £18bn of AUM are building a new fund oversight team. This role is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Fund Accounting Team. You will also develop and manage the team, to ensure they are empowered to achieve their objectives,
WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR
- Qualified Accountant
- Comprehensive knowledge of investment products and services
- Strong experience of NAV as well as securities pricing, dilution / swing pricing, fair Value pricing
- Preferably worked for an organisation that has undergone significant business change
- Knowledge of accounting and SORP / IFRS - understanding of accounting practices relevant to fund administration within the various jurisdictions
- Ensure the Administrators' processes for striking a NAV are efficient and applied accurately with any associated risks documented, managed and mitigated effectively.
- Ensure the oversight model strikes a good balance between oversight and replication, mitigating any risks as far as possible.
- Ensure the team provides high quality support to key stakeholders, including the Investment Teams, and provides, when required, subject matter expertise on the constituents of each NAV and how accounting practices are applied to each type of instrument.
- Ensure all process documentation is of high quality including procedures, policies and client due diligence material.
Operating Model Design
- Ensure the Operating Model is robust and scalable and can support the business plan.
- Ensure the structure of, and resourcing within, the team is appropriate and can support the business plan.
- Regularly review policies and procedures, in conjunction with the Multi Asset Product Team and other parties as necessary, to ensure adherence to best practice and optimal outcomes for clients.
Relationship Management and Governance
- Ensure Service Providers are meeting documented service standards.
- Carry out regular due diligence reviews and visits to test the efficacy of processes and adherence to agreed protocol.
- Effectively manage relationships with other parties - Depositary, Auditors.
- Support the Head of Operations in client due diligence meetings as required.
Product, System and Strategic Change
- Take a lead role in the operational aspects of all product and fund changes - new funds, mergers and closures.
- Work with the Administrators to successfully effect any changes to the accounting or oversight model.
- Performance fees, Securities pricing, Dilution / swing pricing, Fair Value pricing, Share class divergence, Performance divergence, Distributions, Yields, Ongoing charges, Distressed Debt, Ongoing Charges (including synthetic elements), Amortisation/Effective Yield, Share class hedging transactions (Hedge Funds), Cash and stock break monitoring, New market opening, Review / reporting of breaches including ongoing trend analysis and process review.
Team & Staff management and development