|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus + benefits|
|Job Published:||about 5 years ago|
To £50,000 + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
This is the London operation of a recently floated fund services group who provide high quality support services to both start-ups, new and larger and longer established fund structures. They work across a wide range of assets including real estate, debt, private equity, open-ended, alternative and London listed funds. They administer over £40 billion of assets for a range of institutions across 10 jurisdictions including the UK. They are now embarked on a period of expansion in London and are looking for a high quality, ambitious individual who wants to progress within an organisation. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual who is a finalist or newly / recently qualified ACA or ACCA who currently works within a firm of accountants or an investment firm.
The role involves the provision of fund accounting and administration support to London listed investment trusts and other corporate entities. Working in a small team, there will be a large element of client contact. You will report and be accountable to the Finance Manager and ultimately the Managing Director. The individual performing the role must be able to prepare management accounts and the financial aspects of Statutory Accounts under minimal supervision. The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Net asset value preparation and oversight of outsourced activities
- Preparation of management accounts
- Liaison with clients and other service providers as required to ensure a high quality delivery of service to clients
- Preparation of Annual and Half yearly Reports
- Liaising with auditors and resolution of audit queries
- Establishment and maintenance of due diligence and KYC records
- Processing clients payments
- Providing support to the company secretarial team with financial and other information for Board papers
- Other administrative duties as required
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
- Recently qualified (ACCA or ICAEW) or finalist from a firm of accountants or investment firm.
- Good technical knowledge of IFRS and/or UK GAAP.
- Good communication skills and able to work within a small office environment
- Experience of accounts preparation for year end and /or monthly accounts
Special Skills Required:
- Some experience gained within an accounting and audit practice would be advantageous
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative
- Good organisational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Reasonable study support for relevant professional qualifications will be provided if needed.