|Location:||City of London, London|
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum + Study support|
|Job Published:||almost 4 years ago|
The UK office of this international private equity company continues to expand extremely fast. Due to growth a new fund accountant role has been created to be responsible for accounting for funds and is based within the accounting and fund administration.
In addition to undertaking the production of accounts you will be expected to ensure the efficiency of the Company is maintained and oversee and review the work produced by the administrators and trainee accountants as well as assisting training and supporting junior staff. Your role will include the following:
- Assist with all aspects of accounting for private equity funds including ad hoc queries.
- Produce management, statutory interim and statutory year end accounts.
- Prepare NAV's for investor review.
- Control and monitor the accounting process and take responsibility for the ledgers.
- Preparation of carried interest, management fee calculations and other calculations.
- Assist with planning of annual audits and establish timetables for the receipt of valuations and advisory reports and other relevant information.
- Act as contact point for external auditors to ensure a smooth and efficient audit process.
- Analyse and interpret Fund documents ensuring they adhere to FCA regulations.
- Interpretation and understand IFRS, UK GAAP or relevant GAAP relevant to the fund / company.
- Ensure the smooth processing of drawdowns and distributions.
- Assist with the training, coaching and development of staff.
- Manage and organise workloads of junior staff to ensure deadlines are met.
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Be a part qualified accountant with prior practical accounting experience gained within the private equity industry or a third party private equity administrator
- Strong understanding and knowledge of accounting, private equity administration or fund administration within private equity
- Strong understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Strong communication skills