Fund Accountant - Private Equity
£50,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a growing Private Equity firm investing in small UK SMEs in various business sectors with a view to helping develop them into stronger businesses. The business has an interesting mix of exposure and funds.
Joining a small professional team, you will work closely with the investment managers, finance team and operations, the role includes the following:
- Preparing accurately Net Asset Values, yields, distributions, and other fund accounting output for subsequent review to strict deadlines.
- Record accurately all accounting information relating to investments, interest schedules, corporate actions, and journal entries.
- Reconciliation of various accounts, or reviewing reconciliations prepared by others, and researching and correcting any variances.
- Identify errors affecting accounting records and positions, communicating them to management, and helping to resolve problems.
- General basic hands on accounting duties: including book-keeping, invoicing and expenses.
- Preparing audit schedules, compliance reports, tax returns, financial statements, or other reports that may occur from time to time.
- Provide periodic reports to management on Fund activities and other related issues.
- Conduct technical research and advice regarding proper accounting treatment of certain securities in Fund portfolios (e.g. the nature of distributions, original issue discounts, and international valuations) and compliance with FCA, tax, and investment strategy restrictions and limits.
- LP accounting processes to include preparing, reconciling and distributing reports to/from marketing, separate custodians and external investment managers.
- As hoc duties that arise in order to support the Fund and Investment Manager.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this excellent role you must meet the following criteria:
- A qualified accountant with strong accounting skills and a hands on attitude and capabilities
- Prepared to wok on a variety of accounting duties including the technical and the basic
- Able to work in a small company environment
- Previous experience of the PE industry gained from either audit, private equity fund administration or a PE firm.