Fund Finance Controller
£55,000 - £65,000 + bonus + benefits
The company is a long established and highly successful, leading infrastructure investor and asset manager with over £6bn assets under management and 20 funds. The company actively cultivates collaboration, teamwork, inclusiveness and invests in the growth and development of its employees. It is a company which puts great faith in their employees and as a member of fund finance, you will get early responsibility as well as career progression and the opportunity to work with both investment and deal teams.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
* A qualified accountant with real experience of accounting gained within either an industry or practice background (via tax, audit or transaction services).
* Excellent academic background including being degree educated.
* Some experience in certain areas such as valuations, working with models or general commercial judgement.
* Strong Excel skills and a working knowledge of financial models.
* Have some exposure to multi-currency financial reporting.
* Strong interpersonal skills to be able to work as part of a wider fund team alongside other finance professionals and operational managers.
* Strong initiative in order to proactively manage a portfolio of a number of infrastructure investments.
Reporting to a Fund Associate Director, with ultimate reporting lines to the CFO and MD, you will have responsibility for an Infrastructure Fund or Funds within the fund management business. The role is highly varied and you will have an opportunity once familiar with the fund to add value. The role includes the following:
* Producing fund M.I. including reporting on investment performance and monitoring the introduction of new investments to ensure that investment returns are in line with expectations or at optimal levels;
* Production of annual fund statutory accounts and audit;
* Management of investor drawdowns, distributions, equalisations and general quarterly investor reporting including ad hoc requests as needed;
* Detailed examination of financial models (supplied by the project accounting team) and put together of investment reports to monitor, review and evaluate project performance;
* Due diligence of target investments;
* Communicating with the asset management team to deal with operational issues, reporting on asset performance and optimising investment returns;
* Become a business partner to the deal and wider commercial team as well as progress to close involvement with the asset management team.