Fund Manager Research Analyst
£30000 - £32000 + Bonus + Benefits London
They are one of the fastest growing wealth management companies in the UK whose clients feel valued and respected. The company has a collegiate culture as evidenced by its strong employee ownership. They are now making an important addition to their fund research team and is an excellent opportunity to become involved in the growth of the business from the early stages.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- At least 18 months relevant fund research experience
- Minimum CFA Level 1 is preferable.
- Required experience with Morningstar, Excel (Advanced), Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Strong team player who challenges convention
- Good project management skills and able to work to tight deadlines under own initiative
This role will focus on long-only Asian, emerging market and frontier market equity mandates. You will be a key member of the team, working alongside members of the investment team, including Portfolio Managers, you will conduct third party fund research across a variety of investment strategies and will be expected to act quickly with a high degree of autonomy. You will conduct independent research to determine potential new trade and fund ideas. Conducting fund research, your role includes the following:
- Undertaking independent quantitative and qualitative research on funds including both desk research and fund manager meetings.
- Writing due diligence reports and presenting the findings to the Fund Selection Committee.
- Regularly reviewing the performance of funds & formally updating recommendations, including conducting update meetings with fund managers.
- Engaging with portfolio managers on a proactive basis to discuss potential new ideas and portfolio changes needed.