Fund of Funds Research Analyst
£75000 - £85000 + Bonus + Benefits
City - London
They are an independent, long established investment and wealth management firm and are highly regarded within the industry. Having won many awards, they also have an excellent brand and client loyalty as well as strong plans to expand their client base. The culture of the business is highly collegiate offering a good work life balance, work from home opportunities and flexible hours provided the work is done.. They are now seeking an experienced Analyst to work within a dynamic team who ensure their structured products recommended list consists of best of breed investable ideas.
Reporting to the Head of Collective Research, you will join a deeply analytical, curious and collaborative research team to develop, share and debate investment ideas and best practice in order to deliver excellent technical expertise to portfolio managers, advisers and their clients. You will use your extensive fund research skills, investment knowledge and rigorous due diligence to source recommendations for the buy list and continually monitor this list, to ensure that the firm's recommendations are the best available. You will be able to monitor your ideas and assess the affect on client portfolios through the company's data analytics. You will need to be a self-starter, who enjoys building relationships looking for a flexible, supportive learning-led working environment to make a real difference. You will have the opportunity to work flexible hours and from home when the need arises as long as the work gets done and positive results occur.
- Support the collective investment process by sourcing the best ideas for the recommended list using critical thinking and rigorous due diligence.
- Responsible for actively monitoring and reviewing opportunities in the wider investment universe on an ongoing basis to ensure recommendations are the best available, reflecting the breadth and depth of the recommended list.
- Conduct / take part in manager meetings to facilitate a thorough analysis and exploration of the investment opportunity
- Communicate conviction clearly and persuasively on a timely basis relating to developments with significant holdings that are widely held by our clients. Give guidance to investment managers on risk of recommendations and portfolio context.
- Understand the extent of buy in to recommendation changes and provide relevant follow up communication to demonstrate conviction as appropriate.
- Develop a broad and generalist knowledge of all fund and fund of fund investment areas to enable challenge and appropriate understanding when debating investment ideas.
- Align outputs with asset allocation strategy by conducting research on sectors and themes. Previous examples include disruptive technologies, specialist property fund launches and European funds' exposure to Southern states.
- Collaborate effectively within the research team, to help develop a strong, innovative and supportive culture to the wider business and play an active role in managing the Research portfolio.
- Further collaborate with committee members, the asset allocation committee and the wider research team to share ideas, take feedback and provide technical expertise for the business channels.
- Build relationships and rapport across the firm and represent the company and its research team and investment process externally where appropriate.
- Work with and alongside other departments to develop processes and ensure operational excellence.
- Contribute towards the continuing development of the Group by participating in projects, committees and other activities as requested from time to time.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Strong academics including minimum 2:1 degree from a good university, CFA fully qualified or close to completion.
- Have demonstrable experience in fund research and multi-asset portfolio management and construction
- Have experience in fund selection, fixed income and equity research strategy would also be advantageous
- Have broad or growing knowledge of investment universe including onshore and offshore, legal structures, ETFs, structured products, absolute return and derivatives based strategies.
- Have the ability to analyse facts and arguments critically to produce credible recommendations
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to be persuasive. Media or communications experience would be an advantage
- Be a confident presenter
- Have good attention to detail
- Be a self-starter who is able to take initiative and operate successfully on an independent basis.
- Be a committed team player