|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Bens|
|Job Published:||over 2 years ago|
Governance and Voting Analyst
City Of London
£35,000 - £40,000 + Discretionary Bonus + Benefits
My client is one of the UK's leading providers of discretionary investment management services for individuals, charities and professional advisors. They are currently looking to recruit a "Governance and Voting Analyst" who will use their skills and experience to ensure consistent and informed proxy voting and corporate engagement activities which promote the best interests of clients as part of internal stewardship policy, and to help promote the integration of ESG within the investment process.
The successful candidate will have over 2 years experience of corporate governance research or proxy voting experience, either at a research provider, registrar or investment management firm. They will be looking to join in a new role and become part of a successful FTSE 250 business. This is an exciting career development opportunity to make a significant contribution to the advancement of Corporate Governance and responsible investment.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Oversee proxy voting activities, ensuring timely execution of proxy votes.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with corporate governance research provider.
- Respond to Fund Manager queries on proxy voting.
- Assist Stewardship Director in management of the Stewardship Committee.
- Maintain and produce accurate voting summaries.
- Maintain Governance & voting areas on Rathbones Research Hub.
- Review, maintain and develop bespoke proxy voting policy in line with established and emerging best practice.
- Maintain accurate engagement records in support of the Stewardship Director.
- Assist with company meetings on ESG issues.
- Act as representative for the business with regard to membership of the UN PRI (including responsibility for Annual Reporting).
- Support Stewardship Director with regard to the integration of Governance risk within the investment management process.
- Maintain and develop internal documents on governance and engagement processes.
- Respond to governance and proxy voting related queries in DDQs and RFIs.
Skills and Experience:
- You'll be degree educated in a relevant subject (Law, Finance, Economics and Business).
- Awareness knowledge of UK policy environment on the issues of corporate governance and Stewardship, especially as regards listed companies.
- Detailed knowledge of shareholder rights and responsibilities.
- In depth understanding of the proxy voting process and sound UK market knowledge.
- Strong analytical and research abilities.
- Highly organised and the ability to multitask and change priorities quickly.
- Relevant ICSA Qualifications (Advanced Certificate in Corporate Governance); or other demonstrable knowledge of issues relating to corporate governance (ACCA etc) advantageous.
- Strong excel skills advantageous.
By applying to this job you are agreeing to our privacy notice which is freely available to view at: https://www.cameronkennedy.com/privacy
Sorry, this job is no longer available