Graduate Entry - Junior Accountant / Finance Analyst
£25000 + benefits + full study package
City of London
Who They Are
They are a financial services group with circa 10,000 employees globally. Based in London and with 250 employees, their European operation has a strong brand name and a reputation for success. They are very profitable and are an expanding business. They have a strong collegiate environment and also offered excellent career opportunities. The role is ONLY open to those who meet the academic criteria, university attendance (listed below) and who wish to study for a professional qualification.
This role sits within the finance function and reports to the Treasury Operations Manager. You will assist in meeting the company's requirements which include:
- Supporting the business unit through accurate and timely expense and payment processing. Assisting in Treasury related matters including cash flow forecasting, monitoring of bank balances and managing counterparty exposure, assisting in management of the bank relationship and assisting in collateral settlement process
- Responsible for Treasury and Accounts Payable-related reporting and controls including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations (bank and accounts payable)
- Assisting in the preparation of annual statutory IFRS accounts for legal entity reporting including co-ordinating the timely delivery of information from internal customers and preparation of notes to the financial statements
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Responsible for accruals and prepayments related reporting and controls for the business unit including maintaining relevant schedules, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, maintaining the fixed asset register
- Ad-hoc requests and project work
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you must have graduated from LSE; Durham; Oxbridge, Warwick; Bristol; St Andrews; Manchester; Nottingham; Leeds; Sheffield; Edinburgh; Imperial College London; Cardiff; Loughborough. You must also meet the following criteria:
- At least 3 A levels (or equivalent) at grade A or B.
- Recent First Class or 2:1 degree graduate from a top tier university.
- Subject choice at university should demonstrate numeracy such as Maths / Science degree (If not Grade A Maths at A Level).
- Organised approach to tasks, attention to detail and able to manage multiple pieces of work effectively.
- Strong Interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to manage relationships.