Graduate Trainee - Regulatory Solutions Analyst
£25,000 - £28,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a leading private equity and alternatives investment firm and consultancy operating in Europe and the USA. They launch new firms, new funds and new services and then support them to ensure they operate efficiently, effectively and enable them to maximise returns. The company has invested heavily in data, technology and analytics. serves institutional investors and alternative assets fund managers, based primarily in Europe and North America.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* High level knowledge of asset management/private equity is not expected but a desire to develop into a financial services compliance professional is a must have.
* Some understanding and appreciation (not necessarily detailed knowledge) of compliance / regulatory rules applicable to asset managers is essential to justify motivations for applying for the role.
* Educated to degree level. Good degree from highly regarded university (2:1) is essential
* Excellent Academics and Solid 'A' Levels is essential
Excellent written and verbal communication skills is essential in order to respond professionally to senior figures in the financial service industry
* Excellent Computer Skills, i.e. Microsoft Office - Outlook / Word / Excel / Power Point - for emails, the analysis of documents, data and drafting of presentations
* Hard working and keen to progress
* Demonstrate attention to detail and ability to work effectively and efficiently, both individually and within a team
* Fast learner demonstrating curiosity and ability to challenge
* A proactive team player
* An appreciation of the key regulatory rules applicable to asset managers
* Knowledge of Asset Management and Private Equity / venture capital products and services
* Any previous experience of financial services compliance is desirable such as any paid work or internships with transferable skills.
The company has a thriving Regulatory Solutions area. One of the business areas within regulatory Solutions is an Appointed Representatives area whereby the firm allows third parties to undertake FCA regulated business under the firm's umbrella FCA licence. Due to the continued growth of the business they are looking to recruit a compliance professional to and assist the Head of the Appointed Representatives team in the on boarding, monitoring and oversight of Appointed Representatives. The role encompasses conducting the on boarding and investigation of new Appointed Representatives (AR) individuals. This includes assisting the team with:
* Conducting Onboarding including:
o Collating information from clients / candidates and analysing the information received
o Running interviews on candidates
o Produce internal files and reports relating to the onboarding
o Preparing and completing applications to the FCA
* Leading onboarding of new ARs and individuals
o Conduct the ongoing monitoring of existing ARs and individuals. This includes assisting the team with:
o Preparing periodic and thematic compliance reviews
o Reviewing financial promotion materials, deals documentation, clients agreements, AML/KYC files etc
o Reviewing AR/individuals submissions through Compliance Software
o Preparing agenda, reports and follow ups following to periodic meetings and ongoing reviews.
o Leading ongoing monitoring of your portfolio of ARs (depending on experience)
o Reporting on your AR portfolio to the Head of AR on a periodic basis (depending on experience)
* Maintain accurate information on compliance software, including firms profiles and information
* Drafting advice to ARs on a wide variety of topics under the supervision of the Head of AR
* Assisting the drafting of training materials, and proving training and coaching to ARs and their
* Contributing and advising on the development of internal "know-how" to assist the wider team
* Researching, understanding and interpreting new regulations, advising the clients on their impact
* Taking responsibility over compliance projects or initiatives.