Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£30000 - £36000 per annum|
|Start Date:||Mid September|
|Job Published:||over 4 years ago|
Brief outline of role:
This position is to cover maternity leave. They are looking for an ambitious and self-motivated individual. The Group Accountant will be responsible for monthly management accounts, including interim and year end accounts, preparation of VAT returns and assisting with board packs.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the bookkeeper, to ensure accuracy, integrity and completeness of all the group accounts.
- Prepare full monthly management accounts and consolidation for the company.
- Prepare and present full year end statutory accounts for all the business's UK entities (LLPs and limited companies) to Finance Director using Caseware.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly board packs.
- Preparation of management accounts, set up of bank accounts and tax registrations for portfolio companies.
- Preparation of interim and year end accounts for portfolio companies.
- Supervise bookkeeper and take responsibility for integrity, accuracy and completeness of the Group's SAGE and other accounting records.
- Supervise monthly sales invoice process, purchase ledger control, review petty cash, company credit card usage and supporting evidence.
- Prepare monthly VAT returns for all the company's UK VAT-registered companies and LLPs.
- Liaise with HR manager on monthly payroll process and annual P11D, P60 processes.
- Assist FD with profit and cashflow forecasting.
- Preparation of draft FCA capital requirement submissions on GABRIEL.
- Liaising with external tax advisors on preparation of partners' tax returns.
- Preparing information for ad hoc queries from partners, FD.
Qualifications and Experience:
- ACA or ACCA.
- 2-3 years post qualified experience.
- Familiarity with SAGE.
- Familiarity with Caseware.
- Hands-on style, independent, problem-solving approach.
- Intermediate competency with Word and Powerpoint.
- Proactive, ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Approach issues with a "can do attitude", driving tasks forward to a successful conclusion.
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required.
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment.
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Advanced excel skills.
The above is provided for guidance, is not contractual, and is not an exhaustive list of all accountabilities that the candidate may have.
Sorry, this job is no longer available