Group External Accounting Manager
£85,000 - £95,000 + bonus + benefits
They are a fast growing UK quoted banking group with a strong base in commercial finance and savings and lending for both corporate and retail customers. They have a strong collegiate culture and can offer progressive career development as the business grows and develops further. Growth is expected to be both organic and by acquisition.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Control, you will assist in all aspects of external reporting alongside the provision of technical accounting expertise as well as providing leadership, training and supervision of finance function members. You will ensure a high level of service (internal and external) and ensure compliance with relevant corporate and regulatory requirements both on a current and prospective basis. The role is wide ranging and includes:
- Effective & timely delivery of relevant & accurate consolidated financial information & non-financial information for external publication.
- Relationship and stakeholder management with external parties including auditors and corporate advisors.
- Understand, interpret financial information from a business perspective & communicate effectively to both internal & external stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining appropriate processes and controls to contribute to the management and development of all external messages and ensure compliance with the Group Financial Reporting Control Framework.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Group maintains the highest quality disclosures adopting such policies and practices which provides optimal presentation of results whilst complying with regulatory compliance.
- Recruiting, developing and retaining talented, qualified people to ensure appropriate succession plans are in place for the Finance function.
- Ensuring the Finance team maintains the highest standards of professional conduct, ethics, integrity and control.
- Setting performance objective and Key Performance indicators for performance monitoring and quality measurement purposes for the finance function.
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate qualified accountant who has a deep understanding of the external reporting process within a listed PLC.
- Previous experience of working at a senior / board level in a "hands - on" group PLC accounting role.
- Well-developed leadership and people management skills and sound business judgement & strong influencing skills combined.
- In depth knowledge of technical accounting and listed company reporting requirements within a regulated financial services company
- Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel, Word, Power-Point).