|Location:||City of London, London|
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus + benefits + good pension|
|Job Published:||over 4 years ago|
Group Financial Accountant
£50,000 - £60,000 + bonus + benefits
City of London
Quoted, global financial services group with head quarters in London. This role will be suitable for a technically strong qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CPA) with a maximum of 4 years post qualification experience. You will need strong knowledge of IFRS derived either from working in a firm of accountants or from working within a quoted company. Excellent career progression is offered as well as exposure to the whole of group finance
This role sits within the group finance function and reports the Head of External Reporting, the role is as follows:
- Assist with the preparation of the consolidated group financial statements, liaison with various stakeholders within group finance and around the company.
- Assisting the External reporting team with the preparation and production of the external reporting for the interim and year end accounts under IFRS including ensuring compliance with UK listing rules.
- On technical issues relating to the group annual and interim accounts you will liaise with the external auditors and senior stakeholders within the group finance function.
- You will help prepare papers on technical matters and provide reports for the Audit committee which impacts the group during the year.
- Deep and meaningful analysis of the Group balance sheet.
- Preparing certain legal entity financial statements.
- Prepare technical accounting papers relating to IFRS and UK GAAP and provide updates on interpretation or legislative matters in relation thereto.
- You will also conduct impact analysis and help implement any new accounting standards as well as provision of technical updates to the wider finance team.
- Assist in the large consolidation process at year and half year end.
- Various ad-hoc projects.
Who Are they Looking For
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Technically strong, qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CPA) with 1 - 4 years post qualification experience;
- Exposure to IFRS and UK GAAP and understanding of listed reporting requirements gained within practice or industry;
- Proven analytical skills, ability to write technical papers and understanding of technical matters;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and able to communicate at all levels;
- Able to work to strict deadlines timelines, flexible mind-set;
- Able to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Operational Risk Manager
Location: London, England
Salary: £70000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Senior Compliance Advisory Officer
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £80000 - £97000 per annum + Attractive Benefits + Bonus
Senior Operational Risk Manager
Location: London, England
Salary: £95000 - £110000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits