Group Financial Controller
£95,000 - £120,000 + Good Bonus + Benefits
An exciting and rare opportunity to help shape and further develop finance within a growing and somewhat unusual specialist investment banking group. Observers have described them as part bank and part private equity incubator, "funky" bankers and "the google" of the dealmakers. However, they are a serious business and have indirectly significantly contributed to the development of economies throughout the globe. Their clients permeate every aspect of the modern world. The company is expanding rapidly and has seen even greater activity since the outcome of the Brexit vote. Reporting to the Group CFO, the role is more akin to an FD role. The role will suit a qualified accountant who is highly self-motivated and able to demonstrate an entrepreneurial mind-set, and who has a high degree of stamina to work within a high energy and focused team environment.
You will be supporting and deputising for the Group CFO, covering all areas of finance and working with management, suppliers and clients at all times. This role will be attractive to someone who enjoys managing and being at the Group nexus of finance and operations. The company has a small finance function in London and in its overseas locations finance is outsourced. There will be occasional travel to European offices, to the US and Far East office. Key responsibilities in collaboration with the Group CFO include:
- Implementing, managing and developing Group financial policies and procedures
- Strategic modelling for Group performance and planning
- Group cash flow and treasury management
- Group tax compliance
- Management of the year end processes for the Group and all of its subsidiaries
- Management of aspects of transfer pricing
- Management of outsourced finance service providers
- Line management of the junior members of the Finance team including:
- Oversight of the key control systems
- Sales and purchase ledger management
- Monthly management accounts preparation
- Management of Group expenses
- Asset management reporting support
- Supporting the Group CFO in the regulatory returns process with the FCA
- Deputising for the Group CFO as required
- Such other responsibilities as line management may from time to time properly assign
- Ad hoc project work
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this excellent role, you MUST meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant with excellent academic background and a tertiary level education probably with a finance or economics focus
- 8 or more years' experience in an FCA regulated environment, probably an investment bank or corporate finance or private equity house or high growth company such as a tech company.
- Strong people management skills and robust personality to deal with strong personalities in the business and face off to Board members.
- An Excel pro with strong excel modelling (able to drive models) and Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to understand financial accounts and FCA regulatory drivers
- International exposure is preferred as well as understanding of multicurrency accounting
- Exceptionally well organised and ensuring that tasks are completed and followed up on without prompting
- First class project management skills
- Be highly numerical and articulate and have business standard written and spoken English.
- A competent team player, keen to take on responsibility and able to delegate.