Group Reporting Manager (12 month contract)
£95,000 - £105,000 + bonus + benefits
City of London
Quoted global investment management group with 1000 employees. They manage over £70 billion via an international network of offices providing institutional and retail funds to an array of institutional and private client investors.
This is a key role within the group finance function and is responsible for ensuring all external Group reporting is produced accurately and to deadlines for UK and global regions. You will also review balance sheet accounting, produce the half year and Annual Report and Accounts for the Group and produce Audit Committee papers as well as managing and liaising with external auditors. The role includes the following:
- Leading the preparation and production of the Annual and Interim Report and Accounts under IFRS including: Maintaining the reporting timetable, updating accounting policies, liaison with various stakeholders including investor relations, corporate accounting, human resources and legal teams. Ensuring completeness and accuracy of the Group's financial statements and managing the review process.
- Verification of information included in the Annual and Interim Report and Accounts
- Management of the audit relationship and audit deliverables, including providing backup when required. Provide analysis and explanation to external auditors (when required) for the accounting treatments and implications of all ledger postings;
- Coordinate communications with the external auditors to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on disclosures and reporting issues and timely sign off
- Preparing and reviewing papers to the Audit Committee to provide information on significant matters impacting the Group during the year and detailed analysis of the Group balance sheet
- Managing and review of the legal entities within the team and review subsidiary financial statements
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of technical accounting papers
- Review of month end deliverables for the External Reporting team
- Prepare and review the Group balance sheet and related commentary for the management pack
- Manage the interim and year end consolidation workings
- Manage the iXBRL process
- Provide detailed information and analysis to internal clients when required;
- Ad-hoc projects
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Qualified accountant with advanced knowledge of IFRS and Group reporting experience.
- Investment Management or Financial Services experience.
- Proven experience of working with external auditors
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and able to communicate at all levels
- Able to work under pressure to reach strict timelines
- Able to work in a fast paced and changing environment