Head of Compliance
£85000 - £95000 + bonus + benefits
The London operation of a global banking group is looking for a Head of Compliance. There are 40 people in the bank in London and one direct report into the role.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Candidates should possess all the following attributes and experience
Excellent broad compliance experience within a banking environment
Ability to lead a small compliance function
Hands on compliance ability including monitoring, policy, regulation, dealing with internal managers as well as external regulators
Strong interpersonal skills
Integrity, maturity, confidence and ability to understand compliance issues in a smaller banking environment
Knowledge of rules as set out in the FCA/PRA handbook and how to apply them to business processes
Expert knowledge of laws and regulations relevant to financial markets and banking business
Previous experience in drafting analysis, research notes, reports and
policies and procedures
Strong track record in assessing AML risk/cases
Good working knowledge of UK, EU, UN and US sanctions regimes.
Broad understanding of AML risk issues in AML and sanctions risk, and client risk; and a proficient understanding of other financial crime risk
Detailed knowledge of UK regulatory environment for financial crime and compliance is essential.
The role will focus on all facets of compliance within a London branch of a global bank. This is a broad role with exposure to all areas of the business and management.
- Conducting a variety of generalist compliance activities relating to Head of Compliance and MLRO responsibilities including being the designated CF10
- Maintaining a list of regulatory rules, assessing risks and controls in relation to each and assigning subsequent risk ratings
- Oversight of compliance registers (e.g breaches, conflicts of interest etc) and ensuring updated
- Drafting and maintaining compliance/AML/CFT policies and procedures
- Provide support reviewing MI and compliance monitoring programme ensuring they are in-line with regulations
- Provide support with Risk-assessment for Client Reviews & Investigations, including identification of Money Laundering, Sanctions, Bribery or corruption risk, or internal systems and controls issues.
- Ensure appropriate review of Politically Exposed Person ('PEP') and other higher-risk client or transaction referrals, originating from Due Diligence,
- If need be, drafting of policy and procedures relevant to AML, Financial Sanctions, Fraud and anti-bribery systems and controls in a UK FCA regulated firm
- Manage a small team
- Understanding Compliance systems to ensure outputs satisfy regulatory conduct risk requirements.
- Successful delivery of the Compliance Work Plan which includes management of the bank's risk management system, branch and unit conduct risk assessments, testing of business unit controls, GDPR implementation and compliance advisory to 1st line.
- Identification and delivery of compliance training covering new joiners and periodic refreshers for existing employees. Dissemination of group compliance communications and advising colleagues of any changes to UK regulatory requirements