Head of Deal Origination - Technology
£120000 - £150000 + Excellent Bonus
They are a highly successful and expanding European specialist mid cap investment banking group operating from Europe, London and New York. There business has a global coverage and network of clients and potential clients within the Communications, Media and Technology (CMT) sector who they offer independent M&A and corporate finance advice. Due to its strong relations and integrated approach and its experience and expertise in local and cross border operations, they are able to offer their clients a global and specialist, entrepreneurial approach from capital raising through to M&A operations.
The successful candidate is an energetic performer with high integrity, who can bring along a proven track record of deal origination within capital-raising and corporate finance activities. Based in London and reporting to the CEO you will have high exposure within a dynamic international team and benefiting from a flat hierarchy, responsibilities will include:
- Build up the company's footprint in the market;
- Establishes connections to tech C suite community with a clear transaction and deal origination focus in mind;
- Effectively use in-depth market and client understanding to come up with fitting tailored offerings;
- Holds high level client meetings and present the company's capabilities and investment cases;
- Prepare and present pitches;
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide information on market and creative trends;
- Documentation reviews;
- Client marketing and relationship management;
- Create tailored client solutions and promoting the company's services in capital raising and M&A activities.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
As the Head of Origination, to be considered, for this role you will be expected to meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience in a similar function originating transactions within the CMT space preferably with cross border orientation;
- A minimum of 5 years experience gained within a bank or private equity firm with a predominant experience within origination;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to formulate logical, compelling and persuasive pitches;
- Experience of working at Board level;
- Ambitious, self motivated and driven with strong commercial acumen.