EMEA Head of Regulatory Compliance and Controls
Job Role Summary
Reporting into the Global Chief Compliance Officer, the EMEA Head of Reg. Compliance and Controls is responsible for Compliance, Controls and Regulatory matters emanating from the EMEA region. This includes effectively managing the compliance and regulatory risks my client is exposed to in the EMEA region by designing, implementing and maintaining a compliance framework that minimises (if not eliminates) my clients exposure to such risks.
Collaborating with the Local Compliance & Control Officers, you will lead, direct and oversee the compliance division based in the EMEA Region and assist in maintaining an appropriate compliance and controls framework.
- Leading, directing and overseeing the activities performed by the Local Compliance officers & Control Officers including their identification of areas of risk and the design, implementation, and maintaining the necessary policy, procedures and controls to minimise those identified risks;
- Keeping abreast of developments in rules and regulations in the EMEA region that pertain to the business group's products and services.
- Collaborating with the Local Compliance officers & Control Officers in interpreting new rules and regulations and implementing the strategy (including creating new or enhancing existing policies and procedures) to comply with such rules and regulations within the required regulatory timeframe
- Providing guidance to Local Compliance officers & Control Officers and/or business group's senior management or staff members on regulatory and compliance matters.
- Collaborating with Local Compliance officers & Control Officers on training programs for a business group including determining the timing of sessions and the topics and content to be presented.
- Promoting a culture of compliance by having an open, honest, and on-going communication the Local Compliance officers & Control Officers and business group's staff.
- Serving as the technical resource with regards to EMEA compliance and regulatory matters, responding to questions and matters as they arise.
- Previous In-Depth experience in a comparable role working for a large Corporate multi-national organisation.
- Qualified to Degree Level or equivalent
- Previous managerial experience with proven leadership skills
- Superior understanding of the regulatory structure and requirements pertaining to the payments industry
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, please APPLY now or email me for a confidential chat.