Head of Risk (London)
£80,000 - £95,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are the London branch of a global Far Eastern banking group.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At least 10 years of experience of similar capacity with relevant first line experience preferred in corporate roles at an established bank / financial institution,
- At least 5 years of prior leadership position or as a No2 in corporate roles at an established bank/ financial institution,
- Excellent knowledge and experience of both operational and regulatory risk and either FCA approved or can become FCA approved.
- In-depth knowledge of banking products and services, including the rules and regulations in the domestic and international landscapes
- Able to understand the Group's business model and strategic objectives and translate them into plans for Group Risk's organisational units
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated managerial, leadership and facilitation skills,
- Credible advisor - thorough understanding of banking products and services as well as industry and regulatory standards, e,g, Basel, etc,
- Collaborative partner - ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely at all levels (internally and externally)
- Good presentational skills,
- Ability to manage relationships across different entities and regions (e,g, divisions, departments, etc,)
Reporting to the Group Head of Risk and dotted line to General Manager in London, as a second line of defence, the Head of Risk Management, London Branch is responsible to plan, develop and direct the implementation of risk management strategy and framework for the London Branch to ensure that risks undertaken are within the Risk Appetite of the Group. You will oversees all aspects of the Branch's second line of defence risk management functions and ensures effective implementation of the Group Enterprise-Wide Risk Management framework. You will ensure that the Branch complies with all banking laws, regulations, and internal policies and procedures as related to the role. You will also act as an advisor to the General manager, Senior Management and Risk Committees of the Branch in all material areas of risk (internal, as well as external events impacting the branch).