Infrastructure Funds Alternatives, Investment Manager
£90,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Who They Are
They are a global investment management group with AUM of over £300 billion. They are highly regarded and have a strong employee involvement and a culture of fostering career development and employee participation. They are currently engaged on an expansion path and have ambitions to be amongst the top investment management group in Europe
Responsible for supporting Senior Investment Manager in managing highly complex, high value direct investments in UK Public Private Partnership (PPP) projects for the company's UK Infrastructure business. You will help maximise the performance of the fund under management and support successful development and delivery of business objectives. The role includes the following:
- Providing support, investment research, diligence and insight capability, and risk analysis on the performance of the investments.
- Focussing on the financial, legal, technical and insurance aspects of the investment's performance ensuring that the underlying PPP project is performing to plan.
- As appropriate, identify and implement value enhancement strategies to enhance investor returns or mitigate any potential downside risk.
- Oversight of effective risk mitigation plans and actions in response to threats.
- Acting as the relationship point for major global infrastructure sponsors/advisers who are partners on PPP projects. Attendance of board meetings and site visits on behalf of the Infrastructure business.
- Using strong external networks within industry or profession to understand the external landscape.
- Assessing the external business and industry environment, scanning to benchmark and generate new ideas and identifying appropriate commercial opportunities.
- Provide quality and accurate reporting on investment performance for use in quarterly valuations, product deep dives and advisory committee.
- Key contributor to the function / business unit strategy and helps shape the short term and long term goals.
- Become an expert in the various forms of analysis e.g. financial modelling, various statistical tools, investment performance analysis, excel and/ or in-house tools and a proponent of industry best practice.
- Able to perform a comprehensive financial analysis and able to analyse P&L statements, balance sheets, quantitative assessments of projects, M&A related valuation, discounted cash flow rates and so on to contribute to strategic business decisions.
- Uses and interprets multiple data sets from multiple sources such as statistical tools, internal systems, external reports to set goals for themselves, their teams / partners / vendors and function overall on a periodic basis and to evaluate performance.
- Able to interpret and distil information and use data to analyse key functional / business decisions and influence key stakeholders.
- Continuously analyse and benchmark internal data and performance with industry / global best practice.
- Identifies opportunities to deliver continuous improvement to systems and processes.
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Graduate with strong academic background and at least two years experience of infrastructure / PPP / project finance.
- Strong financial analysis skills including the ability to analyse P&L statements, balance sheets, quantitative assessments of projects, M&A related valuation, DCF rates.
- Strong financial modelling skills.
- Experience of research, diligence and risk analysis on the performance of the investments.
- Strong and effective communication skills.